If there has ever been a year to head out in search of the best Christmas lights in Buffalo, it’s 2020! Checking out light displays across WNY is the perfect activity safe for social distancing that will get you in the holiday spirit.
Here’s a list of Christmas light displays hosted by businesses, towns and more, plus a list of residential light shows across WNY.
Please note: Many of these displays were submitted by the homeowners. We’ve made every effort to ensure the homes on this list are larger light displays, but unfortunately we aren’t able to confirm every one. Dates and times for light displays hosted by homeowners are subject to change at any time. Before driving out to see one, we recommend you check their Facebook page and/or website to ensure the lights will be on!
Before you head out, download the Fun 4 Kids scavenger hunt! It’s a fun activity for the kids to take on the ride and enjoy.
Holiday Light Displays in WNY (By Location)
Christmas Light Displays in Erie County
- 64 Newgate Rd, Amherst NY 14226 (Homeowner) – Lights are on from 5 to 11 daily through January 1.
- Sweetwood North Christmas Lights (Homeowners)- 80 Sweetwood Dr. N. Amherst, NY. Visit their FB for details.
- 82 Morris Ave., Buffalo, NY 14214 (Homeowner) – Lights go on around 5:30 each day and turn off around 10:30. They are usually running through December.
- 96 Hawley St. Buffalo, 14213 – (Homeowner) – Lights run daily from 5 to 12 and turn off January 6th.
- 104 Charles Street, Cheektowaga 14206 (Homeowner) – The house is decorated AND they have a Santa mailbox where children can leave their letters. If you include a self-addressed stamped envelope she’ll write back!
- Milone Family Christmas (Homeowner) – 9200 Hillview Drive in Clarence 14031. Their show runs everyday from 5 pm until 11 pm through New Years. Visit their Facebook page for details.
- Clearview Dr. in Clarence (Homeowner) – Lights are on daily from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Lights on Babbette (Homeowner) -67 Babbette Drive, Depew 14043. Runs December 1st through January 1st (6-9PM nightly).
MUST SEE – Hilltop Light Show (Homeowner) – 1840 Boies Rd East Aurora, Ny 14052. Lights run daily from 5pm – 9 pm until January 2nd. They are also raising funds for a charity, here’s a link for details.
- Grand Island – Someone on Grand Island created this entire Google Map with locations throughout the Island that have great light displays. Here’s a link to the map.
- 48 Hunt Ave., Hamburg 14075 (Homeowner) – Lights are on daily from 5 to 10 until January 1.
- MUST SEE – 170 Pierce Ave., Hamburg, 14075 (Homeowner) – The homeowner’s friend contacted me to add them to the list. Lights run 5 to 10 every night.
- Fairgrounds Festival of Lights – The Fairgrounds, Hamburg, NY 14075. For dates, pricing and more, visit their site.
- Holland’s Holiday Lights (Homeowner) – 8590 Phillips Road – Holland, New York 14080 – Their family night walk-in event is canceled for 2020 but the lights will be on starting the weekend after Thanksgiving through December 25th, 6 to 10 p.m. daily. Visit their website for details.
- 6 Summerfield Dr., Lancaster 14086 (Homeowner) – Lights run from 5 to 9:30 through December.
- Stonybrook Shines for Others (Homeowners) – 54 Stonybrook Drive, Lancaster, NY 14086. Visit their website for details.
- 683 Shad Street, North Tonawanda, 14120 (Homeowner) – Lights usually go on after 5 daily and on the weekends are on until 11 p.m. They run through January 1. On the weekends, if it’s not raining, the homeowner dresses up as Santa to greet you.
- 3362 Baker Rd., Orchard Park, 14127 (Homeowner) – Lights are set to music. Waiting to confirm days/times.
- Licht Family Christmas (Homeowner) – 470 Fletcher Street, Tonawanda, NY 14150. According to the person that emailed me about it a Grandma and her Grandson created the display together. Here’s their Facebook page for details.
- Kempf Light Show (Homeowner) – 108 Treehaven Road, West Seneca, NY 14224. Runs nightly from 5 to 10 p.m. from Thanksgiving to January 2nd. Visit their Facebook page for updates.
Plan your route with this handy site I found. Add your starting address, then hit “import” to add up to 19 more stops!
Christmas Light Displays in Niagara County
- Our Lady of Fatima Shrine Festival of Lights – 1023 Swan Road, Lewiston, NY 14092. Visit their site for details.
- MUST SEE – 54 Maple Ave, Lockport 14094 (Homeowner) – Lights are on daily from 5 to 10 p.m.
- 153 62nd Street, Niagara Falls, 14304 (Homeowner) – Light run from 5 to 11 daily and turn off after the 1st.
- Cassada Lights 1047 85th Street Niagara Falls, NY 14304. Visit their Facebook page for details.
- Noel at Niagara – 7000 Lockport Road, Niagara Falls, NY 14305. – According to their site and Facebook page, it sounds like the lights displays are running but there are no special events. Visit their Facebook page for updates.
- 3373 Dickersonville Road, Ransomville NY 14131 (Homeowner) – Lights run from 5 to 11 daily.
When this post was shared to Facebook we got some hot tips on other houses/neighborhoods that go all out for the holidays. Here’s a few our readers mentioned. Unfortunately we couldn’t find any information published by the homeowners to confirm their days/times of operation so please keep that in mind if you try to visit these locations!
- 3 Cowper Circle, Tonawanda 14150 (Homeowner) – Here’s a link to a video of the display.
- 143 Klein Road, Amherst, 14221 (Homeowner) – There is a large light display set to music.
- 9425 Brookside Dr., Clarence 14032 (Homeowner) – A reader submitted this and said this home has a lot of lights, blow ups and other decor.
If you’re willing to take a little drive, there is a huge display by WNY Gas & Steam Engine Association. It’s $10 per car. Operating dates and hours can be found on their site.
- Mr. Joe’s (Homeowner-Reader Submission) – 6435 Hamm Rd, Lockport, NY 14094
Waiting for Confirmation
Each year before I publish my list of lights displays I try to check in with each location to make sure they are running for the upcoming season. The following is a list of addresses that have been on my list in the past, but I’m waiting for confirmation on whether they are operating this year. As I hear from the location, I will move them out of this section!
- Confirmed, not taking place for 2020 – Power Lights (Homeowner) – 6 Red Clover Ln., Lancaster, NY 14086 – Check their Facebook page for details.
Does your home have a light display you’d like us to include? Submit the details here.
Have you seen a home around town you think should be on the list? Contact us!
PLEASE NOTE – If you’d like to submit a house for our list, you must send the home’s exact address and if you have it, the time the displays run and/or a way to contact the homeowner. We try to provide as much information to readers as we can so it’s easy for people to find the homes and know what days/times the lights will be on.