Wondering what there is do this fall in WNY? It’s so great to see the calendar filling back up with WNY’s favorite fall events for families. To help you plan your fall bucket list, here are the top 10 things to do this fall in WNY for kids and families.
10 Things for Families to Do this Fall in WNY
- Go Apple Picking – Here is a list of places throughout WNY. Before you visit, please call ahead to confirm their hours of operation haven’t changed and they are open.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch – Here’s a list of pumpkin patches in WNY.
- Attend a Halloween Event – There are a ton of Trunk or Treat events throughout the area. Visit the Fun 4 Kids in Buffalo calendar and search by Halloween events to find a list of what’s coming up by day.
- Go Hiking – WNY is home to some amazing foliage during the fall and a great way to enjoy it is by taking a family hike. Here’s a list of family friendly hiking spots you can enjoy throughout the area.
- Head to a Maple Festival – Within a short drive of Buffalo, you’ll find some maple farms. In October, there is a fall maple festival and according to Merle Maple Farm’s Facebook event, this year’s festival is scheduled for October 9-17, 2021. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for event details.
- Take a Hayride – Step Out Buffalo has a great list of Hayrides and Haunted Hayrides that take place throughout WNY. You can find it here.
- Keep an Eye Out for Special Events – I’m monitoring all the channels and keeping the Fun 4 Kids calendar up to date with all the special events I find. Be sure to check the calendar for updates.
- Visit a Cider Mill and Enjoy – Who doesn’t love cider and donuts in fall? There are several places to grab fresh cider and donuts throughout the fall in WNY. Here’s a list we found on Step Out Buffalo’s site.
- Visit Ellicottville for a Day – Head to Holiday Valley, take a chairlift ride and take in all the beautiful fall colors. Sky High Adventure Park is also open through October. Click here for info on both.
- Visit Niagara Falls for a Day – There are plenty of things to do in Niagara Falls throughout the fall months. The Maid of the Mist is open for most of October, the Aquarium of Niagara is open and you walk the state park for some fresh air!
Did I miss something you and your family love to do in fall? Email me at jennifer [at] fun4kidsinbuffalo.com.