We’d love to add your event to our community calendar FREE of charge!
If you’re hosting events for kids in Buffalo or WNY, Fun 4 Kids is the place to post about it! Our calendar has become a resource to the community. Each week, thousands of WNYers visit our event calendar to find things to do with kids in Buffalo or around WNY. If you want to get your business in front of these families, you’ve come to the right place. You must register to use our calendar. Instructions are noted further down the page.
Please follow these steps to register to use our calendar.
- Go to: https://www.fun4kidsinbuffalo.com/events/community/add
- Click “Register”.
- You’ll be directed to a WordPress branded page where you’ll need to create a username and input the email you’d like to use with the site.
- Click “Register”.
- Check the email you used for the site and look for an email confirming your subscription. It will contain a link you’ll need to click and you’ll be asked to reset your password. Pick something you’ll remember!
- Once you’re done with those steps you’ll be able to start adding events!
If you don’t complete all the steps listed above you’ll likely receive an error message when you try to login.
Event Posting Requirements and Tips
Once you’ve registered and input your event information.
- For the title of your event, please include your location. Using our friends at Rolly Pollies as an example, if they were posting about their upcoming Ninja Night, their event title would be “Ninja Night at Rolly Pollies.” This will help readers as they are skimming the event listings and our email newsletter.
- Please don’t use all CAPS for your event titles or any part of your listing.
- Check to see if your venue is already listed in the system by starting to type the name. If it comes up, just select the one that is already in the system to avoid duplicate listings.
- Provide as much detail as you can so attendees know what to expect when they arrive.
- Select a category as it can help users find your event. The system is a little tricky when it comes to categories as they currently don’t provide a list. You have to start typing and options will pop up. (We’re working to correct this.) A list of event categories is below.
- Include a cost if applicable. If your event is free, put a “0” in the cost section so the calendar notes it as a free event.
Please note: Your event will not automatically appear on the calendar. After submission, events are reviewed by the site administrator for approval. Once it is approved, it will be published to the site. This process may take up to 5 business days.
This calendar is only for events geared toward children and families and that are open to the general public.
We welcome free, low cost and events with admission costs. If your event doesn’t meet these criteria, it will be declined.
The calendar is not intended to list ongoing opportunities like:
- Summer and/or break camps
- Quarterly or annual programming that cuts off registration after a certain date.
- Events that restrict attendance based on race and/or religion.
Camps or daycares – Please do not submit vacation camps, summer camps or daycare information to our calendar. We have other dedicated places to list this information. Contact us for details.
If you have an trouble publishing your event, or have questions in general, please contact the site administrator at email@example.com for assistance.