Most parents love when their kids receive non-toy gifts! Toys are great, but let’s face it, most kids loose interest in their toys quickly and then end up as clutter in the house. This year, many parents are asking for non-toy gifts, so we’ve compiled a list of non-toy gifts that are Fun 4 Kids in Buffalo!
Here’s Fun 4 Kids in Buffalo’s top 10 non-toy gift ideas:
- Swim Lessons – Swim lessons are the perfect activity for the winter months. We’ve got many great resources for swim lessons in Buffalo. Fun 4 Kids recommends checking out Michael Phelps Swim School and the JCC Buffalo to start.
- Lessons – If you are buying for a child that is in to a sport or activity, consider contributing to their lessons or getting them additional lessons to support their hobby. In addition, there are several places around town that offer different classes and lesson-like programming such as:
Rolly Pollies – RPWNY has 3 convenient locations and features programming for children up to age 12.
The Little Gym of Williamsville
The Cooking School at Tops
Hyatt’s – Art Lessons
Betty’s Music Together
- Memberships – We polled our readers on Facebook and asked them for ideas. The list of membership ideas was impressive. Here’s a link to the original Facebook post if you want to see for yourself, but in general, here were some of the most common places parents would like to receive memberships to:
The Buffalo Zoo
The Buffalo Museum of Science
Albright Know Museum
The Strong Museum
Explore & More Children’s Museum
- Gift Cards – Gift cards are great because they can used at any time throughout the year. Consider gift cards to:
Barnes & Noble
Ice Cream – PJ Cools in Depew has some great kid-friendly events throughout their season AND they are allergy friendly.
Movie Theater – Going to the movies can get really expensive, so a gift certificate to the movies makes a great non-toy gift parents can enjoy too!
Target – Think clothes, toys, school supplies!
Any of the attractions listed below.
- Tickets to an Event, Theme Park or Attraction
- Performances – The Theatre of Youth and Shea’s Performing Arts Center both have kid-friendly performances throughout the year. The Key Bank Center often hosts Disney on Ice throughout the year too. Check their sites for upcoming performances, but theater tickets is a great way to provide a child with a unique experience throughout the year.
- Sporting Events – Think Sabres games, Bandits games, Bisons games etc.
- Indoor Water Parks – There are quite a few indoor water parks within a reasonable driving distance from Buffalo. Visit our Business Directory for a list.
- Subscription Boxes – Subscription boxes like Birchbox and Graze are all the rage for adults so of course companies have started launching subscription boxes for kids too. Subscription boxes allow kids to receive items in the mail each month. Here is a list of subscription boxes for kids.
- Craft Kits or a Camera – Craft kits or supplies were also a popular suggestion. Lastly, one reader mentioned a digital camera which I thought might be a great idea for older kids.
The best part about most of these suggestions is that buying passes or gift cards to the places suggested will help support local Buffalo businesses!