5 kid friendly Labor Day events happening in WNY for 2021!
In WNY, Labor Day is known as the unofficial end to summer since it’s the last weekend before many kids head back to school. If you’re looking to pack in some last minute fun before the bell rings, here’s a list of things to do this Labor Day weekend with the kids.
(In alphabetical order.)
- Clarence Center Vol. Fire Co.’s Annual Labor Day Fair – Facebook event page
- National Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival – Visit their website for information
- NYS Festival of Balloons – Visit their website for information
- Old Fort Niagara – War of 1812 Encampment – Visit their website for information
- Youngstown Labor Day Parade – Details are on their Facebook page.
Looking for non-event things to do this Labor Day in Buffalo?
Events can get crowded and be not-so-fun for the family so if you want to avoid formal events, here are some things you could also do.
Head to the Zoo – The Buffalo Zoo is offering $5 admission on Labor Day.
Camping – Here’s a list of family friendly campground.
Hit the beach – Weather permitting, Labor Day is the perfect time to visit the beach! Here’s a list of beaches.
Apple picking – If you’re in “fall mode”, many orchards in Buffalo open on September 1 so you could easily make apple picking a part of your Labor Day plans. Here’s a list of apple picking places.
Visit the Transit Drive-in – The Transit Drive-In is a seasonal operation so Labor Day is the perfect time to make sure that you get there before they close for the season! Here’s what’s playing.
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend in Buffalo and let us know if we missed any of your favorite Labor Day activities!