Here’s where to find kid friendly Labor Day events happening in WNY!
In WNY Labor Day is known as the unofficial end to summer since it’s the last weekend before many kids head back to school. If you’re looking to pack in some last minute fun before the bell rings, here’s a list of things to do this Labor Day weekend with the kids. Labor Day events in Buffalo, NY generally celebrate the end of summer and back to school.
(In alphabetical order.)
- Canalside – Honk for Heros – Visit their website for details
- Clarence Center Vol. Fire Co.’s Annual Labor Day Fair – Facebook event page
- Fantasy Island Summer Splash Bash – Here’s a link to their Facebook event.
- Fantasy Island Labor Day Fireworks Display – Here’s a link to their Facebook event.
- Labor Day at Carousel Park in Olcott – Here’s a link to their Facebook event.
- NYS Festival of Balloons – Visit their website for information
- Old Falls Street – Labor Day Weekend Block Party. Details are on their site.
- Slow Roll Buffalo’s Labor Day Ride – Details on their Facebook event page.
- Youngstown Labor Day Parade – Details are on their Facebook page.
- The Buffalo Zoo – The zoo usually offers discount admission. We reached out on 8/26/19 to see if they were doing it this year and haven’t heard back. We’ll post an update if we hear from them, but you could call them too!
Looking for non-event things to do this Labor Day in Buffalo?
Events can get crowded and be not-so-fun for the family so if you want to avoid formal events, here are some things you could also do.
Camping – Here’s a list of family friendly campground.
Hit the beach – Weather permitting, Labor Day is the perfect time to visit the beach! Here’s a list of beaches.
Apple picking – If you’re in “fall mode”, many orchards in Buffalo open on September 1 so you could easily make apple picking a part of your Labor Day plans. Here’s a list of apple picking places.
Visit the Transit Drive-in – The Transit Drive-In is a seasonal operation so Labor Day is the perfect time to make sure that you get there before they close for the season! Here’s what’s playing.
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend in Buffalo and let us know if we missed any of your favorite Labor Day activities!