Looking for kid friendly Labor Day events in Buffalo, NY?
Labor Day events in Buffalo, NY generally celebrate the end of summer and back to school. With many people having off, it’s a great day to get out, celebrate and enjoy all that WNY has to offer. The Fun 4 Kids in Buffalo calendar lists a number of events happening throughout Labor Day weekend in WNY. Please visit the calendar to see all the Labor Day events in Buffalo.
In the meantime, here’s a few Labor Day events in alphabetical order that seemed kid and budget friendly!
- Buffalo Labor Day Parade at Cazenovia Park – Facebook event page
- Canalside (Canalside has a number of free events going on all weekend) – Visit their website for details
- Clarence Center Vol. Fire Co.’s Annual Labor Day Fair – Facebook event page
- Fantasy Island Labor Day Fireworks Show – There is a Twilight offer for discount admission to the park but you don’t have to go in to the park to enjoy the fireworks. You can sit along Grand Island Boulevard and see them well. – Facebook event page
- NYS Festival of Balloons – Visit their website for information
- Old Falls Street – Taste of Niagara Falls is happening, plus Old Falls Street has a number of free activities on Fridays and Saturdays. – Visit their website for information
- Slow Roll Buffalo – Facebook event page
(Step Out Buffalo had good information on this event.)
- Youngstown Labor Day Parade – Facebook event page
- The Buffalo Zoo – The zoo is offering discount admission on Labor Day. Visit their site for details.
Looking for non-event things to do this Labor Day in Buffalo?
Events can get crowded and be not-so-fun for the family so if you want to avoid formal events, here are some things you could also do.
Camping – Here’s a list of family friendly campground.
Hit the beach – Weather permitting, Labor Day is the perfect time to visit the beach!
Apple picking – If you’re in “fall mode”, many orchards in Buffalo open on September 1 so you could easily make apple picking a part of your Labor Day plans. Here’s a list of apple picking places.
Visit the Transit Drive-in – The Transit Drive-In is a seasonal operation so Labor Day is the perfect time to make sure that you get there before they close for the season! Here’s what’s playing.
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend in Buffalo and let us know if we missed any of your favorite Labor Day activities!