There are tons of family friendly things to do this fall in WNY! Here’s a quick guide you can reference that includes everything from links to apple picking places to Halloween events around town. This guide is filled with things that generally happen annually. For an update to date listing of special events happening around town, visit our calendar.
10 Family Friendly Things to Do in WNY this Fall
- Go apple picking – There are a number of orchards within a short driving distance of Buffalo. Here’s a list of some our reader’s favorites.
- Hit the pumpkin patch – Many of the local pumpkin patches have events that start in September and run through Halloween. Here’s a list of pumpkin patches. Check their websites or Facebook pages for information on upcoming events.
- Go to a fall festival – WNYers love a good festival and while many take place during the summer there are a few that spill in to the fall. There are a number of kid-friendly festivals throughout WNY. Do a quick search and you’ll find some ideas.
- Go to a football game – The Buffalo Bills often have a kid’s day at the end of summer/early fall some time around their home opener. If the Bill’s games aren’t your thing, try a UB Bulls game. They are less expensive and a little less rowdy making them a great family-friendly fall activity. Here’s a link to UB’s 2018 schedule.
- Go swimming – Yes, even though the temperature is starting to drop you can still take a dip…indoors! Here’s a list of indoor pools in the area. You could also consider starting swim lessons to prepare for next summer. There are a few programs around town that allow families to participate if you’re looking for an activity everyone can do.
- Get ready for Halloween – Halloween activities start early in WNY. I’m already seeing things popping up for the first weekend in October! Subscribe to our email newsletter so you can stay on top of everything that is coming up, or check our calendar. Here’s a link to everything we have so far that is coming up for Halloween.
- Take a hike – WNY has a beautiful fall and provides an opportunity to enjoy fall foliage. Here’s a complete list of family-friendly hikes in WNY.
- Reinstein Woods – Speaking of nature, Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve has programming throughout the fall with many family friendly events. Visit their site for details.
- Special events – There are a TON of events that pop up throughout fall. Many are fall and/or Halloween themed. Visit our calendar for a list of everything that is coming up.
- Check your local library – Your local library can be a great, FREE, resource for fall and Halloween fun. Many of the libraries have started created Facebook events for upcoming events. So, check their Facebook page to start. If you don’t find information there, check their website.
Did I miss family friendly things to do this fall in WNY? Contact me and let me know what you and your family love to do this time of year!