- This event has passed.
Summer Camp, Reimagined with Girl Scouts
July 27, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until August 14, 2020
Just because we can’t come together in-person, doesn’t mean that summer is cancelled! We’re offering a variety of ways to stay connected and get outdoors. It’s camp, reimagined with The Summer We Camped At Home!
Girls in Girl Scouts and non-Girl Scouts ages 5-17 can be registered. The weekly cost including the home-delivered Camp Activity Kit is $60 and non-Girl Scouts will also need to enroll in Girl Scouts at the time of camp registration for $25 – financial aid is available. See details below.
All of our offerings will be held from July 6-August 15 and will be based on the following THEMES:
- July 6-10: Earth
- July 13-17: Arts
- July 20-24: Adventure
- July 27-31: Friendships
- August 3-7: Exploring
- August 10-14: Action
Camp Activity Kits
Similar to a subscription box service, we’re offering six, week-long sessions, each with a unique theme, led by our creative camp staff, delivered to your door.
Each week we’ll be offering a unique and age-appropriate box for:
- Daisies and Brownies
We’re also offering similar programming for Program Aides and CITs
The Camp Activity Kit Experience includes:
- Materials for 3 themed activities and invitations for 3 live virtual sessions (M,W,F) to go through the activities with Camp Counselors and the other girls in their group. Please see the Interactive Zoom Session information below for more.
- Invitation to a virtual “Dining Hall” experience on Tuesday. The traditional camp Dining Hall experience is filled with songs, laughter and more. Girls will be able to pull up a chair and join in on the fun.
- Automatic invitations to the live Virtual Campfires on Thursday nights. Of course you’ll also receive a mini song book (new songs every week) in your box!
- Younger girls will have the opportunity to write “pen-pal” letters to our Camp Mascots (Molly the Whale, Rosie the Rabbit and Bernadette the Turtle)
- Juniors and up will have virtual bunk chats. We know girls are missing their camp friends and we’ll be facilitating times for them to connect.
- Instructions for self-led activities including: 3 Outdoor activities, a weekly camp tradition and outdoor cooking recipe.
- And no camp experience would be complete without a friendship bracelet!