Free (and cheap) things to do with kids over Christmas Break!
1. Visit your local library or local bookstore and get comfy with books! Over the breaks one of our usual things to do is hit up the library or bookstore, find a place to get comfortable and grab a book.
2. Head over to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens for $1 admission day! Not convinced your kids will like it? Read this post about all the fun things to do while you’re there!
3. Have you seen these amazing WNY holiday LIGHT displays? Be sure to enjoy them before they disappear until next year!
4. Bundle up the kids, grab the sled and hit these local sledding hills! Facebook readers recommend them and I bet you will find one close by your very own home!
5. Continuing with the winter theme…embrace the winter and get the kids out on the ice! Readers recommend these outdoor ice rinks. If you own your own ice skates than you’re in luck because most of the places offer free admission! (Rotary Rink extended Holiday hours here)
6. Check out these fun things to make and then eat using snow! Plus, some fun winter theme crafts that are easy!
7. The Tonawanda News recommends visiting Goat Island in the winter. “A WNY winter can be beautiful. If you’ve never visited Goat Island in the Niagara Falls State Park during the season, then you’ve never seen the extraordinary beauty of the mist freezing on the bare tree limbs. Those who bundle up and head to the “islands” can be rewarded with unforgettable winter sights. (Take your camera.)”
9. Have you seen this $10 off coupon for Open Bowling? Sign up now and use it over the break!
10. Stop by the Burchfield Nature and Art Center for their Open House!