Riding around the neighborhood is great, but if you and the kids are looking for a change of scenery, there are a lot of great family-friendly bike paths in WNY to try out.
Top 5 Family Friendly Bike Paths in WNY
I asked the F4K community for their favorite family friendly bike paths in WNY and here’s the top 5!
- Shoreline Trail – The Shoreline Trail is 21.7 miles of bike trail that runs from George J. Hartman Play fields in Buffalo, along Lake Erie all the way to the corner of Seymour and Niagara Street in Tonawanda. Along the way, you’ll pass through several parks, including Niawanda where there is food and places to stop. Click here for more info.
- Rails to Trails in Cheektowaga – Rails to Trails in Cheektowaga is a 2.3 mile path built next to an active railroad! It runs from Union Rd. and Hurd St. to Medina St. and you’ll pass through several parks along the way. Click here for more info.
- Rails to Trails in Tonawanda – Rails to Trails in Tonawanda is a 4.7 mile path that spans from the Town of Tonawanda to the City of Tonawanda. Click here for more info.
- Kiwanis Park Trail – Located in Lewiston, NY this is an 8 mile trail that goes from Joseph Davis State Park to Fort Niagara State Park. When you’re done be sure to stop at Hibbard’s custard after! Here’s details.
- Walton Woods in Getzville – Walton Woods is a 1.3 mile loop that features a lake and can be visited year round. Click here for more info.
In addition to these 5, I found lists of bike paths in WNY on several other sites. Here’s what I found. Please note, some of these may not be family friendly so please do some research before visiting any of the bike paths listed on these lists.
TrailLink – TrailLink is an entire site dedicated to connecting you with resources to explore the trails in your area. From the homepage, you can enter your city, state or zip and it will give you info on the trails in your area.
Here’s a few I found on TrailLink that looked family friendly: