There are a lot of cheap or free things to do with kids in WNY! While there are a good number of paid places that are wonderful too, visiting these places can really add up, especially if you have multiple kiddos! So here’s a list of 10 cheap or free things to do with kids in WNY, that will keep everyone happy and occupied BUT won’t break the bank!
Free Things To Do With Kids in WNY
- Visit Niagara Falls, New York. The Falls is always great to visit! You can explore the park and get some exercise in. Click here to plan your visit.
- Explore the trails at Tifft Nature Preserve. Check their calendar for special events. Tifft often hosts low cost or free events for kids. Learn more.
- Visit the Niagara Power Vista. The Power Vista has a number of attractions including a high-tech virtual ride that are all completely free. Visit their site to learn more.
- Visit your local library. The Buffalo and Erie County Public Library system has a TON of stuff going on at their individual branches. From lego clubs to arts and crafts, there are a ton of free opportunities to take advantage of all year long at the local library. Click here to visit the library’s site, then go to your local library’s page for specifics on upcoming events.
- Volunteer with a local non-profit. While this might not be as “fun” as some of the other ideas mentioned, this will definitely be something your kids remember. There are many great non-profits in WNY that powered by volunteers. Here’s a site that can connect you with volunteer opportunities in the area.
Cheap Things To Do With Kids in WNY
- Check out the Just Fun Family Entertainment Center in Hamburg. In addition to reasonable general admission rates, they also have a variety of BOGO specials throughout the week. Click here to visit their site.
- Explore Old Fort Niagara. We have some amazing history in our backyard. You can tour that facility yourself or plan a visit on a day when they have guided tours and other activities. There are several ways to receive discount admission, like being an AAA member. Check their site for details.
- Visit the Four Seasons Movie Theater in Niagara Falls. Going to the movies with kids can be super expensive! That said, there is a hidden gem in Niagara Falls that allows you to take the family to the movies without breaking the bank. They don’t get movies as they are released, but usually shortly there after. Best part…general admission is just $5! Check their site for other deals, shows and times.
- Take a craft classes at Michael’s. Michael’s craft store has a kids club that offers a number of low cost craft classes. There are Michael’s stores in a number of convenient locations throughout WNY. Visit their website for class details.
- Take advantage of a Kids Eat Free Deal. We’ve got a whole list of restaurants that offer kids eat free deals throughout the week. Plan a night out and enjoy free meals for the kids! Here’s the list.